Pros & Cons to Dental VeneersJuly 26, 2021 8:39 pm |
Are you unhappy with certain parts of your smile? You don’t have to settle for a smile that you don’t absolutely love. Porcelain veneers are a transformative cosmetic dental treatment that can completely change the look of your teeth and enhance your overall appearance. Want to learn more about veneers? Here we’ll discuss some of the pros and the cons of veneers!
What Are Dental Veneers?
Veneers are durable porcelain shells designed to look just like real teeth. They are permanently cemented to the front side of existing teeth to create a more uniform smile. Veneers are a popular cosmetic treatment to correct a variety of aesthetic tooth imperfections.
Pros of Veneers
Veneers offer a wide variety of benefits for patients.
- Boosted self-confidence
- Correct tooth discoloration, shape, size, small gaps, and overall appearance
- Customize your smile the way you want it
- Durable porcelain
- More uniform, picture-perfect smile
- Natural-looking appearance
Cons of Veneers
With dental veneers, there are some factors to consider when determining whether or not you should get them.
- Some tooth enamel needs to be removed to make room for veneers
- Once enamel removal has occurred, the treatment is permanent
- Veneers are an expensive cosmetic treatment
- Veneers need to be replaced after 15 to 20 years
Are Veneers Right For Me?
Wondering if porcelain veneers are the right choice for your smile? The best way to see if veneers are a good fit for you is to schedule a consultation with a trained cosmetic dentist! At North Richland Hills Dentistry, we have years of experience performing cosmetic dentistry treatments, such as porcelain veneers! Our team works one-on-one with patients to help make each patient’s dream smile a reality. Please contact our office to book your veneer consultation. We’d love to help you achieve a beautiful, confident smile with cosmetic dentistry!Contact Us Today!
Image by Authority Dental under CC 2.0